IT’S RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, AND IT’S GOING TO BE GOOOOOD TIMES!
CARDIGAN is bringing some sweet web series flavor to your face.
And we have a premiere at UCBeast to kick it off in style.
We’re talking about dating.
We’re talking mating.
We’re talking about brunch.
Cardigan Does Brunch. A Web Series.
Saturday, November 17th.
11:55 PM, at UCB East.
In this new web series written and produced by Cardigan Comedy, three friends discuss their bizarre relationship mishaps over brunch. Be the first to see early episodes of the series, improv from Cardigan and UCB friends, and new video sketches from the Cardigan crew.
CARDIGAN is Kassia Miller, Matt Dennie, and Phil Jackson.
Tickets are $5 and reservations can be made here:
Let’s chill, shall we?
This song is great. Need a late pass on this one, thanks.
Came across this while watching GIRLS.
Mark Ronson ft. Q-Tip & MND, BANG BANG BANG.
Also, GIRLS is a great show.
~p to the…
I can be found dancing to this in my room at all hours of the night.
Caridgan Does Brunch.... Coming Soon!
After a brief hiatus, we are working on cranking out more videos, inlcuding our first webseries CARDIGAN DOES BRUNCH.
A new study shows that it is statistically impossible to make a normal face while taking a picture holding a bottle of wine and/or champagne.
SOURCE - Lexis Jackson Nexis’ annual “silly face” survey
~p to the…
Kyoto Iced Coffee from Blue Bottle Coffee in San Fran. Yes. Apparently there’s also one on Berry in Brooklyn? You guys. Get yourself this drink. Or should I say gift.
If you haven’t gone swimming in the rain, you haven’t ever truly been happy.
- A wild exaggeration, but not really, from Kassia
photo courtesy of wide awake and searching
Help!!! I don’t know if I love this picture or if it’s the grossest thing in the world! I’m having a very strong visceral reaction to it but I don’t know at all what it is!! How could I be so torn in very opposite directions? Who am I? WHO AM I?? (photo courtesy of Wren)
Awwww snaaap. The cardigan becomes the bag. Okay fine, it’s a jacket. Okay fine, it’s the top half of a suit. You get the point. I predict a month and a half before Matt or Phil starts rocking this. I hope they call it a “suitcase.” That’s not a thing yet, right?
Courtesy of Sleeping At The Crash Site.
Look what I made today! Sometimes you need to inspire yourself.
A Boutique Store Haiku
fifty buck candle
your price was not evident
too shy to say no
Origins of the Term "Hump Day"
Here are three possible origins for the term “Hump Day” which is commonly used as a replacement for the day of the week better known as Wednesday.
1) Wednesday is the third of five days in the work week, placing it directly in the middle. Thus getting through Wednesday is like “climbing the hump” of the work week. As a result, the term Hump Day has come to represent getting through a tough week.
2) Scientists at Stanford, after compiling numerous studies on human mating rituals, came to the conclusion that Wednesday is the day of the week where the highest percentage of intercourse between couples occurs. One of the scientists who according to colleagues was “kind of a douche,” upon hearing the results of the study said, “Well I am gonna call it Hump Day then. Cause people be humpin.’” He followed the statement by thrusting his hips in an air hump type motion with his hands balled into a fist-type gesture for several minutes before being asked to leave the laboratory. He was terminated shortly thereafter but, due to several interns with popular social lives who saw the incident and spread the story, the name became synonymous with Wednesdays shortly thereafter.
3) Bobby Brown’s well received 1992 hit single “Humpin’ Around” was released for radio play on a Wednesday and was met with such positive feedback that Wednesdays were marked as weekly anniversaries for the album’s release to the world. Radio DJs at first called the day “Humpin’ Around Day” which was then shortened to “Humpin’ Day” which was shortened to “Hump Day.” Fun fact: “Humpin’ Day” was met with much resistance by the FCC.
Happy Hump Day everyone.
In celebration of Friday- Phil Collins ladies and gentlemen.
If you are not into work today (or bored)...
… then you probably just read this. That is all.
10 Ways to Say "It's Hot"
In honor of this scorching NYC summer, here are ten alternate ways to say “it’s hot outside!” These are sure to spice up any weather-related conversation!
1) “The heat is blistering today.”
2) “Today is like the Red-Hot Chili Peppers only without the Chili Peppers.”
3) “It’s rather muggy today, wouldn’t you say? Chip chip.” (best said with a British accent)
4) “You are sultry, baby!” (caution: you must address the weather when you say this, depending on your delivery this could be interpreted in a far different manner)
5) “This weather makes me think about sinning more and summering in Hell.”
6) “Pretty concrete proof that global warming exists today, huh?”
7) “It’s like the inside of my nutsack out here!” (if you are a man)
8) “It’s like the inside of my uterus out here!” (if you are a woman)
9) “I am sweating through my feet like crazy today!” (if you are a cat)
10) “F*** this weather.”
They grow up so fast
A few nice quotes from the fifth grade actor I’m in a commercial with, when we were just chatting at the fitting yesterday:
“Alls I know is that if my mom did acting, she’d be perfect for soaps.”
When asked if his ballroom dancing partner was pretty: “She…she and I… she’s a different religion than me.”
Yesterday a good friend of ours, one Mr. Scott Holmes, stated while in a conversation:
“Wouldn’t it be great if someone made a documentary-type series that showed the things that people say before they kiss for the first time.”
He had not seen the Pre-Kiss Conversations series and was not joking. He then later told us about a script he was working on based upon the popular board game Battleship. I couldn’t show him this for fear it would crush his soul.